Calyces sentence example
- Large bright orange-red flowers emerge from conspicuous pale orange calyces from July to November.
- The other species is less common, and is a free-growing shrub, 6 feet high or more, bearing large loose clusters of flowers, the corollas white, the calyces a deep brownish-red, blooming in September.
- It is a fine subject for skeletonising, and the stems, bracts, and calyces may be skeletonised intact.
- European plant with ample downy leaves, bearing in autumn bright orange-red bladder-like calyces, enclosing Cherry-like fruits of a pleasant acid flavor, and perfectly wholesome either raw or preserved.
- Stylaster has cyclosystems. In Allopora the cyclostems resemble the calyces of Anthozoan corals.Advertisement
- An average of 58.6 persistent calyces per m 2 was calculated and 100% yield losses were observed.
- Brilliant - Leaves large, richly tinted in autumn and winter; flowers purple; calyces and pedicels crimson; fine.
- It is by no means showy, and its only recommendation for the garden is the singular form of its calyces, which are bell-shaped and densely arranged on erect stems about 1 foot in height.