Calorimeters sentence example
- The method appears to be open to the objection that the difference of temperature reached in so long an interval would be more or less independent of the thermal 0 0 .20 h ?1 capacities of the calorimeters, and would also be difficult to measure accurately with a thermocouple under the conditions described.
- Calorimeters made from a plastic scintillator, themselves connected to photo-multiplier tubes, cover the external walls of the tracking volumes.
- He observed with a thermocouple the difference of temperature (about 01Ã‚° C.) produced by the Thomson effect in twenty minutes between two mercury calorimeters, B1 and B2, surrounding the central portions of a pair of rods arranged as in Le Roux's method (see fig.
- On repeating the experiment when the two vessels were placed in different calorimeters, it was found that heat was absorbed by the vessel containing the compressed air, while an equal quantity of heat was produced in the calorimeter containing the exhausted vessel.
- Combustion calorimeters are employed for observing the heat generated by the brisk interaction of substances, one of which at least is gaseous.Advertisement