Calluna sentence example
- he former are pure associations, and are well illustrated by a mther moor, where Calluna vulgaris is the dominant plant.
- A local aggrettion of a species other than the dominant one in an associion brings about a plant society; for example, societies of Ericd etralix, of Scirpus caespitosus, of Molinia coerulea, of Carex irta, of Narthecium ossifra gum, and others may occur within i association of Calluna vulgaris.
- The former is poor in Cruciferae, Caryophyllaceae, Umbelliferae, Primulaceae and Labiatae; but for the occurrence of Calluna in Newfoundland it would have no heaths.
- Professor Macoun gives us a few notable species - Calluna vulgaris, Salisb., Alchemilla vulgaris, L., Rhododendron maximum, L., Ilex glabia, Gray, Hudsonia ericoides, L., Gaylussacia dumosa, F.
- Heath (Erica tetralix) and ling (Calluna vulgaris) cover all the waste sandy regions in the eastern division of the country.Advertisement
- atmospheric nitrogen deposition on Calluna vulgaris in upland Britain.
- The effect of increased atmospheric nitrogen deposition on Calluna vulgaris in upland Britain.
- dune heaths are usually dominated by heather Calluna vulgaris.
- nitrogen deposition on Calluna vulgaris in upland Britain.
- seedling establishment of Calluna vulgaris.Advertisement
- sphagnum fuscum hummocks are present, and Calluna vulgaris and Erica tetralix are common.
- Some such species are Blechnum boreale, Aira flexuosa, Calluna vulgaris, Vaccinium, Myrlillus, Rubus, Chamaemorus, Empetrum nigrum, Drosera spp. Some, at least, of these species possess mycorhiza in their roots, and are perhaps unable to live in soils where such organisms are absent.
- The ecology of severe moorland fire on the North York Moors: seed distribution and seedling establishment of Calluna vulgaris.
- Sphagnum fuscum hummocks are present, and Calluna vulgaris and Erica tetralix are common.