Calls-to-mind sentence example
- As these implied a duly appointed minister, the existence of the Church was made to depend upon an organized ministry rather than an organized membership. It calls to mind the Romish formula: "Ubi episcopus ibi ecclesia."
- Neiman Marcus has a beautiful turquoise blue Carmen Marc Valvo shirred tankini that calls to mind ocean waters and calming sea breezes.
- The decade calls to mind everything from tie-dyed T-shirts to neon colored high top sneakers.
- The houses, mostly white with coloured roofs, are generally built of wood and iron, and have glazed porches, gay with fuchsias and pelargoniums. Government House, grey, stone-built and slated, calls to mind a manse in Shetland or Orkney.
- Talk of pink elephants calls to mind Dorothy B. Hughes, whom I discovered recently.Advertisement
- Dating back to Edwardian times, the English concept of dandyism calls to mind a particular image that may involve a vibrant shirt or two, but definitely applies to a stylish man.
- Just the word "Hooters" immediately calls to mind the short orange shorts, white top emblazoned with the company logo and owl motif and white sneakers.
- Although summer calls to mind a more casual lifestyle, you can be just as chic and elegant during this freewheeling season full of backyard barbeques and beach escapades as you can be any other time of year.
- An ornate wide band calls to mind this exciting historical period.
- Haunted castles: The mention of haunted castles calls to mind clichéd images from Hollywood of clanking chains and rusty suits of armor, but many castles throughout Europe provide evidence of real haunted places.Advertisement
- Available in black and grey, this comfortable scuff is made from soft, cable-knit fabric that calls to mind that well-worn sweater you just can't get enough of.