Calliope sentence example
- CALLIOPE, the muse of epic poetry, so named from the sweetness of her vioce (Gr.
- founded Greek towns: Soteira, Charis, Achaea, Calliope (Appian, Syr.
- The British warship "Calliope" (Captain Pearson) was in the harbour, but succeeded in getting up steam and, standing out to sea, escaped destruction.
- Various accounts of their origin are given: they were earth-born, sons of Cronus, sons of Zeus and Calliope, sons of Rhea, of Ops, of the Great Mother and a mystic father, of Apollo and Thalia, of Athena and Helios.
- The Queen is a unique ship, featuring the world's largest calliope, specially designed and built for it with 44 brass pipes.Advertisement
- Do not forget to give my love to Miss Calliope Kehayia and Mr. Francis Demetrios Kalopothakes.
- Every vessel in the harbor or shore except the English man-of-war Calliope, which got to sea.
- According to the best-known tradition, Orpheus was the son of Oeagrus, king of Thrace, and the muse Calliope.
- Ansible 160 ½, " Fort Mudge Steam Calliope Company " -- an old fannish jape of Lee Hoffman's, referring to Pogo.
- His ' Calliope ' is specifically geared to the problems of early music, including lute tablature.Advertisement
- It is in the form of a dialogue between Sulpicia and the muse Calliope, and is chiefly a protest against the banishment of the philosophers by the edict of Domitian (A.D.