Call to arms sentence example
call to arms
- To the " call to arms " of 1861 Grant promptly responded.
- Yet secession was opposed by many prominent men, and in North Alabama an attempt was made to organize a neutral state to be called Nickajack; but with President Lincoln's call to arms all opposition to secession ended.
- In language sometimes turgid, but nearly always of pure and powerful eloquence, he worked at the theme of the emigres, as it developed into that of the counter-revolution; and in his occasional appearances in the tribune, as well as in the project of an address to the French people which he presented to the Assembly on the 27th of December 1791, he shook the heart of France, and, especially by his call to arms on the 18th of January, shaped the policy which culminated in the declaration of war against the king of Bohemia and Hungary on the 10th of April.
- They imagined it to be a call to arms.
- Music has long been a creative outlet for society's ills, general angst, and sometimes, even a call to arms.Advertisement
- Fight The Power is a call to arms and demands action against racism and oppression.