Californians sentence example
- Californians had been very friendly to Americans, but Larkin's intimates thought they had been tricked, and the people resented the stealthy and unprovoked breaking of peace, and unfortunately the Americans did not known how to treat them except inconsiderately and somewhat contemptuously.
- It would be wrong to extrapolate that all Californians are surfers, based only on a few personal experiences.
- A Puma, Panther, Mountain Lion - whatever you Californians call them.
- It was occupied by the Americans in August 1846, then (without bloodshed) by the Californians in October, and again definitively by the American forces on the 27th of November 1846.
- Californians were enthusiastic republicans, but found the benefits of republicanism slow in coming.Advertisement
- The friars were in no way mistreated: Californians did not share Mexican resentments against Spaniards, and the national laws directed against these were in the main quietly ignored in the province.
- Californians are known for an on-the-go lifestyle.
- Californians take their pesto seriously.
- In 1998 Californians passed Proposition 227, a referendum that attempted to eliminate bilingual education by allowing only one year of structured English immersion, followed by mainstreaming.
- Although some agencies only serve English-speaking Californians, other agencies provide counseling to people who speak Spanish, Vietnamese, Cambodian, and Arabic, among other languages.Advertisement
- The USDA Rural Development Single-Family Housing Team assists Californians with low annual incomes to purchase homes within rural areas of the state.
- There are more financial assistance programs available through FHA for Californians.
- When the country is prospering, Californians usually enjoy great prosperity.
- With offices in San Diego, San Francisco and Oakland, Californians have a great opportunity to donate furniture to help their organization.
- California Organized Investment Network (COIN) - Another way Californians can recognize a socially responsible insurance company is based on the list of insurers within California that invest into the COIN program.Advertisement
- California Auto Insurance is one company that tailors its quotes for Californians, even offering discounts for certain California degreed professionals.
- Californians have access to several different financial assistance programs offered through FHA and other helping agencies.