Calendared sentence example
- Many of his letters, articles, injunctions &c., are calendared in the published volumes of the "State Paper" series of the reign of Elizabeth.
- Archives have been reformed, their contents catalogued or calendared; government commissions have rescued numberless documents from oblivion or destruction, and learned societies have supplemented and criticized this work and co-ordinated the results.
- The most important series of official correspondence is the Papal Letters, calendared from 1198 to 1404 in 4 vols.
- The Scottish and Irish state papers are calendared in separate series and without much system.
- Its value, however, varies; the earlier volumes are not so full as the later, the documents are not so well calendared, and some classes are excluded from earlier, which appear in the later, volumes.Advertisement
- Only state papers are calendared, and as a rule Only those in the Record Office; and the domestic are separated from the foreign.
- Lists of the state papers and other documents printed and calendared under the direction of the master of the Rolls and deputy keeper of the Records are supplied at the end of many of their volumes.
- His correspondence with Erasmus is partly included in the editions of the Letters of Erasmus, and much of his correspondence is calendared in Gairdner's Letters and Papers of Henry VIII., the letters written to his family in his last days being found in vol.
- He was revered by the people cleaving to their altars and their fires, and his birthdays were calendared as festivals, on which greetings were sent to him by young and old.