Caldera sentence example
- This lake lies in a great pit or caldera created by the wrecking in prehistoric times of the volcano Mount Mazama, which according to geologists once had an altitude of about 14,000 ft.
- The crater is the largest unbroken ancient caldera in the world.
- Who 's going to build the Caldera Volution client for other platforms beside Linux?
- There are a few barren islands on the desert coast, the largest of which are between Coquimbo and Caldera.
- Communications.-Railway construction in Chile dates from 1850, when work was begun on a short line between Copiapo and the port of Caldera, in the Atacama desert region.Advertisement
- Early in April a portion of the revolutionary squadron, comprising the " Blanco Encalada " and other ships, was sent to the southward for reconnoitring purposes and put into the port of Caldera.
- During the night of the 23rd of April, and whilst the " Blanco Encalada " was lying quietly at anchor, a torpedo boat called the " Almirante Lynch," belonging to the Balmaceda faction, steamed into the bay of Caldera and discharged a torpedo at the rebel ship. The " Blanco Encalada " sank in a few minutes and 300 of her crew perished.
- It is an active volcano with a large flooded caldera open to the sea, which forms a natural harbor.
- The collapsed surface of the volcano formed a wide caldera, or crater of sorts, spanning many miles.
- Katla volcano rises to 1500 m height and has a 10-km diameter caldera.Advertisement
- The superstructure crashed into the empty magma chamber, leaving the caldera, a hole where the magma chamber had been.
- Of the week next morning in what went wrong puerto caldera to.
- This formation, the Mount Warning erosion caldera, is one of the major examples of this landform in the world.
- The sailing include stops in San Diego, Acapulco, Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica, Aruba and Key West before arriving in Tampa, Florida.
- On the road from Caldera to Ald'Run, you will find the boots on Pemenie the Trader.Advertisement
- The Caldera & Copiapo railway (built 1848-1851 and one of the first in South America) extends beyond Copiapo to the Chanarcillo mines (50 m.) and other mining districts.
- Among the most frequented of these are Valparaiso, Coquimbo, Caldera, Iquique and Arica.