Calculi sentence example
- A primary issue with many cats, especially neutered males, is a problem with calculi in the urinary tract due to abnormal pH levels.
- The Leiden copy of ~Omar Khayygms work on algebra was noticed as far back as i 742 by Gerald Meerman in the preface to his Specimen calculi fluxionalis; further notices of the same work by Sdillot appeared in the Nouv.
- It is also present in urine and in urinary calculi.
- They also hinder the formation of uric acid calculi.
- Magnesium ammonium phosphate, MgNH 4 PO 4.6H 2 O, is found as the mineral struvite and in some guanos; it occurs also in urinary calculi and is formed in the putrefaction of urine.Advertisement
- In pain due to violent sciatica relief and even permanent cure has been obtained by the injection of morphine directly into the muscle of the affected part, and in the treatment of renal and hepatic colic morphine given subcutaneously will relieve the acute pain consequent on the passage of biliary and urinary calculi.
- For his time he was a skilful chemical analyst; he knew how to distinguish potash and soda by the different colorations they produce in flame, and how to test for iron with prussiate of potash: he was aware that sulphate of potash, gypsum and heavy spar, in spite of their different appearances, all contain sulphuric acid; and he recognized that there are different varieties of urinary calculi.
- Lithium salts render the urine alkaline and are in virtue of their action diuretic. They are much prescribed for acute or chronic gout, and as a solvent to uric acid calculi or gravel, but their action as a solvent of uric acid has been certainly overrated, as it has been shown that the addition of medicinal doses of lithium to the blood serum does not increase the solubility of uric acid in it.
- XLOos, stone, Tpi(3Ety, to rub, grind down) are drugs given to prevent the formation of urinary calculi.
- holomorphic functional calculi, Journal of the London Math.Advertisement
- The role of extracorporeal shock lithotripsy is in the management of salivary calculi is at present unclear.
- More recently I have worked on how to give true concurrency semantics to time extended LOTOS calculi.
- Calculi (pl.) can cause problems by lodging in and obstructing the proper flow of fluids, such as bile to the intestines or urine to the bladder.