Calcitonin sentence example
- C-cells, which secrete calcitonin, are found outside the follicles.
- Some cells in the thyroid also produce the hormone calcitonin.
- No serious adverse events have emerged from clinical trials with intranasal calcitonin although the frequency of rhinitis is increased.
- A randomized double-blind trial of nasal calcitonin reported no significant clinical benefit from 400iu daily (42 ).
- subcutaneous calcitonin Four of four trials described benefit compared with placebo.Advertisement
- calcitonin gene related peptide may also have a role to play.
- calcitonin levels fell only moderately, suggesting distant micrometastases.
- All but one of these studies used synthetic salmon calcitonin and the route of administration varied.
- Basal serum calcitonin levels fell only moderately, suggesting distant micrometastases.
- The efficacy of calcitonin for fracture prevention in steroid-induced osteoporosis remains to be established.Advertisement
- Many elements influence bone remodeling, including whether the bone is weight-bearing, vitamin D intake, growth factors, and production of various hormones, including estrogen, thyroid, parathyroid, and calcitonin.
- MTC can be detected by measuring levels of the thyroid hormone, calcitonin.
- In the case of MEN 2A and MEN 2B, children would undergo frequent calcitonin testing.