Cajole sentence example
- You can easily cajole a small child with candies or toys.
- Reitz as president of the Orange Free State (January 1889) on the death of Sir John Brand, Kruger recognized a new opportunity of endeavouring to cajole the Free State.
- cajole other EU members to swallow the draft constitution.
- where the affectionate appellative (employed, however, in all likelihood merely to cajole) signalizes an approach to the genuine spirit of prayer.
- He loved to win men, especially those of the middle class, by affability and familiarity, employing all his arts to cajole and seduce those whom he needed.Advertisement
- cajole people out of doing the climbs!
- cajole councils into taking public transport more seriously - but not walking and cycling.
- Outside agencies can and should advise and even cajole, but I don't think coercion works.
- Not without nervous dread - witness the special taboo to which the leader of society is subject - he draws near and strives to constrain, conciliate or cajole the awful forces with which the life of the group is set about.
- The emperor had already made up his mind to place one of his brothers on the Spanish throne; but in order to achieve this it was necessary to cajole the young king Ferdinand VII.Advertisement