Caisson sentence example
- In another side street a sentinel standing beside a green caisson shouted at him, but only when the shout was threateningly repeated and he heard the click of the man's musket as he raised it did Pierre understand that he had to pass on the other side of the street.
- View down at the trip boat in the other caisson.
- Caisson >>
- When all was stable the LISA A lifted the caisson off the Barge allowing it to return to its berth.
- Inside the lift The Edwin Clark trip boat has just entered the lower caisson.Advertisement
- The right caisson is almost at the top now.
- caisson units are also produced in sizes up to 4 meter diameter.
- Recently, this work has focussed on a novel foundation called a " suction caisson " .
- Approaching the lift Narrowboat crossing the aqueduct and heading for the left hand caisson.
- The southern coast in particular is deeply indented; and there two bold peninsulas, extending for several miles into the sea, form two capacious natural harbours, namely, Deep Water Bay, with the village of Stanley to the east, and Tytam Bay, which has a safe, well-protected entrance showing a depth of 10 to 16 fathoms. An in-shore island on the west coast, called Aberdeen, or Taplishan, affords protection to the Shekpywan or Aberdeen harbour, an inlet provided with a granite graving dock, the caisson gate of which is 60 ft.Advertisement