Caged sentence example
- Mr. O'Hara was pacing like a caged lion.
- Move them around to complete lines to rescue the caged balloons at the top.
- No man she'd ever been with could tolerate the part of her that refused to be caged.
- In the late 1950s/early 1960s, Albert Starr 3 developed a simple caged ball valve.
- Moments of primal screaming occasionally burst through in this caged beast of a song.Advertisement
- The rhythm slithers off the stage, no longer caged it 's on the run.
- We are suffering under the effects of caged competition, already wrought up to agony.
- The signs at the zoo made visitors aware of the ferocity of the caged animals.
- But we have to picture him as anon coming out and gathering about him a tatterdemalion company, and jesting with them until they were in fits of laughter, for the sake of observing their burlesque physiognomies; anon as eagerly frequenting the society of men of science and learning of an older generation like the mathematician Benedetto Aritmetico, the physician, geographer and astronomer Paolo Toscanelli, the famous Greek Aristotelian Giovanni Argiropoulo; or as out-rivalling all the youth of the city now by charm of recitation, now by skill in music and now by feats of strength and horsemanship; or as stopping to buy caged birds in the market that he might set them free and watch them rejoicing in their flight; or again as standing radiant in his rose-coloured cloak and his rich gold hair among the throng of young and old on the piazza, and holding them spellbound while he expatiated on the great projects in art and mechanics that were teeming in his mind.
- It was my first, and hopefully only, trip in the caged back of a siren-screaming squad car.Advertisement
- He looked away and turned his back to her, stance guarded as he paced short distances back and forth, like a caged panther.
- Such was not my abode, for I found myself suddenly neighbor to the birds; not by having imprisoned one, but having caged myself near them.