Cage-birds sentence example
- Its gay plumage is matched by its sprightly nature; and together they make it one of the most favourite cage-birds among all classes.
- It was first domesticated in Italy during the 16th century, and soon spread over Europe, where it is now the most common of cage-birds.
- The collection is not usually very rich in species, but there have been great and long-continued successes in the breeding of large animals such as hippopotamuses, lions and antelopes, and a very large business is done in domesticated birds, water-fowl and cage birds.
- It seems to have been imported into Europe at least as early as the first half of the 16th century,' and has since become the commonest of cage-birds.
- They are imported for poultry feeding like the former species and for cage-birds, but are extensively used in soups, &c., on the Continent.Advertisement