Caedmon sentence example
- A modern cross in the churchyard commemorates St Caedmon, the Northumbrian poet (c. 670), who was a monk at the abbey and there died.
- It was Caedmon, the cowherd.
- "Caedmon, the keeper of the cows," answered the chief cook.
- Caedmon! all shouted together.
- A song from Caedmon!Advertisement
- In his safe, warm place in the straw, Caedmon soon fell asleep.
- Caedmon, sing for me.
- Then Caedmon, with only the cows as his hearers, opened his mouth and began to sing.
- So Caedmon was led into the great hall of the abbey.
- So she called her clerk, who was a scholar, and bade him write the song, word for word, as it came from Caedmon's lips.Advertisement
- And Caedmon, the poor cowherd of the abbey, was the first great poet of England.