By-and-large sentence example
- Women are by and large the bigger purchasers of antique clothing.
- All governments exercise a vast plethora of controls over market forces in the public interest, and by and large with considerable success.
- Apple computers are gaining in popularity, but Windows-based PCs are still by and large the "norm" when it comes to personal computing.
- The controller, wireless of course, is by and large the thing that is going to separate the Revolution from its competition.
- Nudism has remained a minor practice, and it has by and large mutated into a "lifestyle" chosen by individuals rather than either a medical practice or a program for social reform.Advertisement
- While the practice of telling ghost stories, fortune telling and honoring the dead has by and large fallen by the way side, this holiday is still a popular one with children, not to mention quite a few adults.
- Although some pre-existing relationships between the players came into play, by and large the contestants did not divide themselves along the lines of their previous VH1 shows.
- Our supposed elected officials have forgotten themselves as public servants and have become paid corporate lackeys, by and large.
- People by and large prefer the natural order of things, explains a 2010 study in the "Annual Review of Genomics and Human Genetics" (22(11): 339-59).