Burst-in sentence example
- She'd dared to hope again that everything was a hallucination brought on by too much alcohol, until Toby burst in chasing a cat she didn't remember owning.
- However this may be - for our information at this point of the story is miserably meagre - on the 24th of August Oro Alaric and his Goths burst in by the Salarian gate on the north-east of the city, and she who was of late the mistress of the world lay at the feet of the barbarians.
- Formed mostly of horizontal strata of varying hardness, they present a series of terraces of minor plateaus, rising one above the other, and intersected by small ravines worn by the occasional rainstorms which burst in their neighborhood.
- While Mary was at supper, on the 9th of March, Darnley, with Ruthven, George Douglas and others, entered the boudoir in Holyrood, by his private stair, while Morton and his accomplices, mainly Douglases, burst in by way of the great staircase.
- It is of such exceeding strangeness and beauty that it might have been thought it would be protected by the natives; but they hold it alive before a fire till its beautiful eyes burst in order to afford a supposed remedy for ophthalmia!Advertisement
- Rising property prices helped to prop up the world economy after the stockmarket bubble burst in 2000.
- Microsoft settled a similar lawsuit brought by Burst in March 2005.
- But the bubble burst in 1989, land and stock prices came crashing down, leaving the country mired in debt.
- On a stormy August night in 1689 150o Iroquois burst in on the village of Lachine near Montreal, butchered 200 of its people, and carried off more than loo to be tortured to death at their leisure.
- The count, pipe in hand, was pacing up and down the room, when Natasha, her face distorted by anger, burst in like a tempest and approached her mother with rapid steps.Advertisement
- Heidi intelligently used this burst in popularity growth to pursue jobs in television and film.
- Both are made exclusively in Ecuador - the name comes from their burst in popularity by those involved in the construction of the Panama Canal.
- In young children, even if the head does not contact a solid surface, the shaking, whiplash movement from some vehicle crashes causes blood vessels to burst in the brain.