Burrs sentence example
- Often tables and chairs have little burrs that can catch your dress.
- The Minnesota cedar logs are left with their natural marks made from nature and could include bug trails and insect tracks, checking, fire scars, elk rubs, burrs or burls.
- The burrs on each head of the burdock plant tend to catch on the fur of passing animals which helps the seeds spread.
- If you allow your dog to run the fields, as most Welshes love to do, be sure to brush burrs and other debris out of his coat upon his return.
- For best results, replace the burrs annually so they grind the coffee beans properly.Advertisement
- Excrescences may be divided into those occurring on herbaceous tissues, of which Galls are well-known examples, and those found on the woody stem, branches, &c., and themselves eventually woody, of which Burrs of various kinds afford common illustrations.
- Turning now to outgrowths of a woody nature, the well-known burrs or knaurs, so common on elms and other trees are cases in point.
- There are many Varieties of burrs, though all woody outgrowths of old trees are not to be confounded with them, e.g.
- They were like burrs in his shoes, but he couldn't yet go after them until he'd learned to control his new power.
- We also went nutting, and I helped them open the chestnut burrs and break the shells of hickory-nuts and walnuts--the big, sweet walnuts!Advertisement