Burnt-offering sentence example
- The first of these altars is that for burnt-offering.
- On the morrow after the sabbath a wave offering and also a burnt offering of the he-lamb (with the corresponding meal and drink offering).
- The altar of burnt-offering was set up, and in the second year of the return the foundations of the new temple were laid with great solemnity (iii.).
- It consists of a rock-hewn altar of burnt-offering with a place for killing the victims beside it and a shallow court, perhaps intended to hold water, in front: the most complete specimen of an ancient Semitic sanctuary that is known.'
- On this fiftieth day two wave-loaves made from the produce of the fields occupied by the worshipper ("your habitations") are offered together with seven unblemished lambs of the first year as well as one young bullock and two rams as a burnt offering.Advertisement
- The priests shall offer his burnt offering and his peace offerings, and he shall worship at the threshold of the gate.