Burial-chamber sentence example
- The picture shows the small burial chamber under a grassy mound.
- The skulls in these tombs were found facing the center of the burial chamber.
- It must suffice to say that the earliest examples are only to be distinguished from the mural decorations employed by their pagan contemporaries (as seen at Pompeii and r Mommsen's chosen example of an ancient burial-chamber, extending itself into a catacomb, or gathering subterranean additions round it till a catacomb was established, is that of the cemetery of St Domitilla, traditionally identified with a granddaughter of Vespasian, and the catacomb of Santi Nereo ed Achilleo on the Appian and Ardeatine way.
- This was the reason an area of the burial chamber was known as sniveling corner.
- A chamber containing horses was discovered adjacent to the Duke's burial chamber.Advertisement
- This aim is particularly conspicuous in the pyramids, the gigantic tombs which the Pharaohs of the Old Kingdom constructed for themselves: the passages that lead to the burial chamber were barred at intervals by vast granite blocks, and the narrow opening that gave access to them was hidden from view beneath the stone casing of the pyramid sides.
- A large number of utensils, articles of furniture and the like were placed in the burial-chamber for the use of the deadjars, weapons, mirrors, and even chairs, musical instruments and wigs.