Bunt sentence example
- Hic Bunt poetae Pacuvi Marci sita Ossa.
- So well have copper compounds controlled bunt that today this seed-borne disease is no longer of any economic importance.
- This derrick is also used for putting out the fore bunt sections of the bobbins.
- A different memory was when we had a fire drill and Mrs Greenway hid me from Mrs Bunt during lining up.
- The discovery of the yeast-conidia of these fungi, and their thorough investigation by Brefeld, have thrown new lights on the group, as also have the results elucidating the nature of the ordinary dark spores - smuts, bunt, &c. - which by their mode of origin and development are chlamydospores.Advertisement
- The other two parasites, smut and bunt, affect principally the grain.
- Tilletia Tritici, bunt or stinking smut of wheat, is so-called because the bunted grain has a disagreeable odour of stale herrings.
- Of these the rust, smut and bunt fungi are by far the most common and the most destructive.