Bunsen burner sentence example
- Strontium salts may be recognized by the characteristic crimson colour they impart to the flame of the Bunsen burner and by the precipitation of the insoluble sulphate.
- By this method even such metals as iron and copper may be made to show some of their characteristic lines in the Bunsen burner.
- If a short length of platinum wire be inserted vertically into a lighted Bunsen burner the luminous line may be used as a slit and viewed directly through a prism.
- Young, according to which the dark line observed in the centre of each component of the sodium doublet in a Bunsen burner is transparent to a radiation placed behind.
- Thus one of the most common spectra is that seen at the base of every candle and in every Bunsen burner.Advertisement