Bulbils sentence example
- bulbiferum and its allies produce aerial reproductive bulbils in the axils of the leaves.
- The detached leaf-buds (gemmae or bulbils, of some plants are capable under favourable conditions of forming new plants.
- It has long, narrow, flat, obscurely keeled leaves, a deciduous spathe, and a globose umbel of whitish flowers, among which are small bulbils.
- Small tuberous shoots, comparable on a large scale with the bulbils of Lycopodium Selago, are occasionally produced in the axils of some of the persistent leaf-bases; these are characteristic of sickly plants, and serve as a means of vegetative reproduction.
- inundatum, and by the formation of leafy bulbils on the aerial stem of L.Advertisement
- The majority of these flowers will go on to produce bulbils rather than seed.
- The aromatic, attractive flowers have many small bulbils in between them.
- Strange seasons also produce strange results - I have never found stem bulbils on Frit aurea before.