Buckthorn sentence example
- Like the sand-reed, the dewberry bramble and the shrub of the buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) perform a useful service in helping to bind the sand together.
- This reserve is noted for its creeping willow while other trees include purging buckthorn, birch and crab apple.
- Using shrub species to act as a barrier between wood and roadside (holly, hawthorn, hazel, dog rose, buckthorn ).
- Other stimulant laxatives include buckthorn, alder buckthorn (Rhamnus frangula ), and rhubarb (Rheum officinale, R. palmatum ).
- Small shrubs of alder buckthorn occur mainly on the northern edge of the open moss.Advertisement
- Preliminary results from clinical trials showed positive effects of sea buckthorn on blood counts.
- Colletia - Curious shrubs of the Buckthorn order from Chili, some species of which are hardy enough for the open air in all but the coldest parts of the country, in free sandy soils.
- Mountain Sweet (Ceanothus) - Beautiful shrubs of the Buckthorn family, some hardy enough on light soils in sunny places to endure our climate, even as bush plants, though the majority form good wall plants.
- Sea Buckthorn (Hippophae) - H. rhamnoides is a beautiful seashore native shrub, happy in any free soil.
- The Sea Buckthorn has silvery-looking Willow-like leaves and bears a profusion of orange berries.Advertisement