Brown-bread sentence example
- It may be considerably diminished by a return to a more natural system of feeding, as by using brown bread instead of white, by taking oatmeal porridge, and by eating raw or cooked fruits, such as apples, oranges, prunes and figs, or preserves made of fruit, such as raspberry and strawberry jam, marmalade, &c., by vegetables or by dried and powdered seaweed.
- The malted brown bread is also fine here, and it blends quite nicely with the stuffing in particular.
- Or shop the local stores for delicious area specialties like fresh brown bread and cranberry liquors.
- The diet was very effective, but I was mostly eating high-fibre cereals and brown bread.
- A puritan may go to his brown-bread crust with as gross an appetite as ever an alderman to his turtle.Advertisement
- I have water from the spring, and a loaf of brown bread on the shelf.--Hark!
- My brown bread will soon be gone.
- It's served with homemade brown bread and mustard.