Brooded sentence example
- Brady brooded then dismissed everything to focus on his surroundings.
- Jonny paced and brooded.
- Rodmar, for the sake of the treasure, was slain by his sons Fafnir and Regin; and Fafnir, seizing the whole, retired to a desolate heath and, in the form of a snake or dragon, brooded over the hoard.
- Even then it appears from his own confession that he long brooded over the chaos of materials he had amassed before light dawned upon it.
- Maternal instincts are well developed, both the eggs, which number about fifty, and the young being carefully brooded and watched over by the parent.Advertisement
- The expert on the other hand may be supposed, in the case of facts over which he has not himself brooded in the course of their acquisition, to approach them without any presumption this way or that.
- Jackson brooded "It's like having sex with a butterfly."