Brno sentence example
- King Matthias conquered a large part of Moravia, and was crowned in the capital of that country, Brno(Briinn), as king of Bohemia on the 3rd of May 1469.
- Other towns of importance in the republic are Brno (Briinn), with 200,000 inhabitants, the capital of Moravia, and the centre of an old established and flourishing textile industry; Plzen (Pilsen) with 10o,000 inhabitants, famous for its beer and as the seat of the Skoda iron works; Kosice (Kaschau), the commercial centre of eastern Slovakia; and UThorod (Ungvar), the capital of Russinia.
- The tribunals of the republic are the Supreme Court of Justice, which sits at Brno and is the court of final appeal both in civil and criminal causes, two high courts sitting at Prague and Brno respectively, 33 provincial courts and 410 district courts, all of which possess j urisdiction in both civil and criminal causes.
- In the entire republic there are four universities, three Czech and Slovak - the Charles University of Prague, the Masaryk University of Brno and the Comenius University of Bratislava - and one German (at Prague).
- There are four polytechnics enjoying university rank at Prague and Brno, two of them being Czech and two German.Advertisement
- At Pfibram in Bohemia there is a high school of mines, while two other high schools have been founded at Brno, one for veterinary science and the other for agriculture.