Bringer sentence example
- At Eleusis, Demeter was venerated as the introducer of all the blessings which agriculture brings in its train - fixed dwelling-places, civil order, marriage and a peaceful life; hence her name Thesmophoros, " the bringer of law and order," and the festival Thesmophoria.
- Mounds of bones marked his road, witnesses of devastations which other historians record in detail; Christian prisoners, from Germany, he found in the heart of "Tartary" (at Talas); the ceremony of passing between two fires he was compelled to observe, as a bringer of gifts to a dead khan, gifts which were of course treated by the Mongols as evidence of submission.
- As such she is Puom opos (" bringer of victory"); the title KoXacvis is possibly connected with 1 The site of the temple of Artemis Orthia was excavated by the British School of Archaeology at Athens (see Annual, 1906).
- The most prominent one is as a bringer of good fortune, wealth and prosperity.
- In covens devoted to the practice of black magic, the number 13 represents the apostle Judas as the ultimate bringer of evil and revenge against the light of God.Advertisement
- For example the name Luke means "bringer of light" and is a suitable name for the Star Wars epic hero.