Briefest sentence example
- Only the briefest details are' given.
- Perceiving further, that in order to understand these relations I should sometimes have to consider them one by one, and sometimes only to bear them in mind or embrace them in the aggregate, I thought that, in order the better to consider them individually, I should view them as subsisting between straight lines, than which I could find no objects more simple, or capable of being more distinctly represented to my imagination and senses; and on the other hand that, in order to retain them in the memory or embrace an aggregate of many, I should express them by certain characters, the briefest possible."
- For other areas we have often no description of the procedure at all, but merely the briefest outline of the actual process of slaughter, and we are ignorant whether the form of the rite is in reality simple (either from a loss of primitive elements or from never having advanced beyond the stage at which we find it), or whether the absence of detail is due to the inattention or lack of interest of the observer.
- It is only possible here to refer in briefest enumeration to the material and external objects and forms of popular Hebrew religion.
- Its briefest equivalent may be given as "persecuting and privileged orthodoxy" in general, and, more particularly, it is the particular system which Voltaire saw around him, of which he had felt the effects in his own exiles and the confiscations of his books, and of which he saw the still worse effects in the hideous sufferings of Calas and La Barre.Advertisement
- No woman makes any but the briefest appearance in his pages, though in reference to this it must of course be remembered that he was certainly a man past middle life when the events occurred, and perhaps a man approaching old age when he set them down.
- The prompt and full recognition of Maine's genius by continental publicists must not pass unmentioned even in the briefest notice.
- It has only been possible here to indicate in the briefest way what is involved in the collection and critical sifting of the extant evidence for the text of the Old Testament, Results of how much of the work has been done and how much Criticism.
- The history of the Babis, though covering a comparatively short period, is so full of incident and the particulars now available are so numerous, that the following account purports to be only the briefest sketch.
- As a part of English history it is, however, sufficiently known, and the briefest summary thereof must suffice.Advertisement
- The circumstances which led to the English schism are dealt with elsewhere (see The Church Of England), and need be reviewed here only in the briefest manner.
- Boltzmann lectured with an uninhibited enthusiasm, using only the briefest notes to present a series of lectures.
- The briefest bikini bottom piece extends from the hips into thin suspenders that offer a nodding glance to breast coverage on their journey over the shoulders.
- Space compels us to limit our account of the scientific work done by Faraday in the succeeding twenty years, in elucidating electrical phenomena and adding to the knowledge thereon, to the very briefest mention.