Bridgehead sentence example
- The bulk of this rearguard crossed the same evening, and only a small bridgehead was held at Latisana.
- The French battalion rushes to the bridgehead, spikes the guns, and the bridge is taken!
- The following morning Di Giorgio was strongly attacked at Pinzano and Krauss established a sufficient bridgehead.
- The 29th's task was to push through them and secure a bridgehead on the north side of the canal.
- But the real weakness of the situation was due to the enemy's possession of the Tolmino bridgehead.Advertisement
- The majority dug in on the eastern bank, but Bessonov and 1st Company were ordered to hold the bridgehead on the western bank.
- This precept is one which the Essenes had adopted because they were trying to form a bridgehead for heaven on earth.
- Michael Carrithers has argued that human emotions provide a similar bridgehead.
- From here, the Regiment attacked the bridgehead at Remagen, its last offensive action of the war.
- To the south of the city, a Russian bridgehead of equal menace had spewed forth hundreds of tanks on November 20.Advertisement
- The real reason was ' the establishment of a strategic bridgehead in the fight against al- Qaeda.
- Then came the Portuguese in the 15th Century, naming the town Mogador and setting up a trading post and military bridgehead.
- At the battle of Caporetto, Badoglio commanded the same corps, the left wing of which was broken by Otto von Below's attack from the Tolmino bridgehead.
- The bridgehead was well protected by these flanking bastions, and for this reason it made an excellent point of departure for an attack.
- He felt, in addition, that opposite the Tolmino bridgehead he had little room for defence, and he was anxious to anticipate the enemy's move by an attack N.E.Advertisement
- 31 the Duke of Aosta was able to inform Cadorna that all of his rearguard, with the exception of four brigades, who were holding a defensive bridgehead covering Madrisio, had passed the Tagliamento.
- What of the bridge and its celebrated bridgehead and Prince Auersperg?