Braving sentence example
- He now bitterly regretted his temerity in braving the danger.
- He passed the remainder of his life at Wittenberg, braving the perils of war and persecution rather than desert the place dear to him as the home of the Reformation.
- Certainly it's safer here than braving the storm to find shelter.
- chirrup of some hardy bird, braving the midday sun.
- To one who favoured simplicity of cult the new worship was a desecration of Yahweh, and, braving the anger of the king and queen, he foreshadowed their fate.Advertisement
- On his pages, close beside the Parthenon, the Sphinx, St Paul's, Etna and Vesuvius, you will find the White Mountains, Monadnock, Agiocochook, Katandin, the pickerelweed in bloom, the wild geese honking through the sky, the chick-a-dee braving the snow, Wall Street and State Street, cotton-mills, railroads and Quincy granite.
- The Sudan produce (ivory, ostrich feathers, &c.) formerly brought to Bengazi by caravan, has now been almost wholly diverted to Tripoli, the eastern tracks from Wadai and Borku by way of Kufra to Aujila having become so unsafe that their natural difficulties are no longer worth braving.
- Ere long they grew so bold that they would stay ashore for months, braving the forces of a whole kingdom, and sheltering themselves in great palisaded camps on peninsulas or islands when the enemy pressed, them too hard.
- At the base are found vines and maize; on the lower slopes are green pastures, or wheat, barley and other kinds of corn; above are often forests of oak, ash, elm, &c.; and still higher the yew and the fir may be seen braving the climatic conditions.
- The carvings were both intricate and surprisingly well-preserved considering they had been braving wind, rain and snow since 1697.Advertisement
- Thus, he next appears as braving the suspicions which dogged the ex-persecutor Saul (Paul) - possibly an old acquaintance in Hellenist circles at Jerusalem (cf.
- What constitutes a dress coat may differ from person to person, but suffice it to say that you would wear one with professional outfits or when you're trying to look especially nice while also braving the cold.
- The roller coaster station is built in the abandoned mission but the vicious bull has never been conquered, though millions of riders have tried since the coaster opened in 1999 by braving its dramatic track and imposing drop.
- For braving the winter elements in style, go for the Adirondack lace-up boot.
- Collaborating with Matt Bronleewe, one of the original Jars of Clay members, Plumb has written incredible songs, braving topics as diverse as being in love to the aftermath of abuse.Advertisement