Brasswork sentence example
- Each movable web must pass the other without coming in contact with it or the fixed wire, and without rubbing on any part of the brasswork.
- The chief manufactures are silk brocades, gold and silver thread, gold filigree work, German-silver work, embossed brass vessels and lacquered toys; but the brasswork for which Benares used to be famous has greatly degenerated.
- From Mongolia come leather, saddlery, sheep and horses, with coral, amber and small diamonds from European sources; from Kham perfumes, fruits, furs and inlaid metal saddlery; from Sikkim and Bhutan rice, musk, sugar-balls and tobacco; from Nepal broadcloth, indigo, brasswork, coral, pearls, sugar, spices, drugs and Indian manufactures; from Ladak saffron, dried fruits and articles from India.
- Blacksmiths' and coppersmiths' work is better here than in most Turkish towns; horse-shoes and brasswork are also famous.
- The town contains numerous temples connected with the shrine of Tirumala, and is noted for its brasswork and wood-carving.Advertisement