Braggart sentence example
- You sound like a braggart, so you should try to be more humble.
- His father is very arrogant, so that explains his tendencies to act like a braggart.
- The braggart annoyed everyone around him with his boasting comments.
- His father is veryarrogant, so that explains his tendencies to act like a braggart.
- Sophie's friends called her a braggart when she told everyone about her perfect score on the spelling test.Advertisement
- I hope that winning the competition doesn't turn Jackie into a braggart.
- braggart cheek may pale; Lo!
- Of English plays, the interlude called Jack Juggler (between 1547 and 1553) was based on the Amphitruo, and the lost play called the Historie of Error (acted in 1577) was probably based on the Menae-chmi; Nicholas Udall's Ralph Royster Doyster, the first English comedy (acted before 1551, first printed 1566), is founded on the Miles gloriosus; Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors (about 1591) is an adaptation of the Menaechmi; and his Falstaff may be regarded as an idealized reproduction or development of the braggart soldier of Plautus and Terence - a type of character which reappears in other forms not only in English literature (e.g.
- General Slobodan Milosevic: Achieved fame by standing up to the notorious braggart and military buffoon Wesley Clark in Yugoslavia.
- I was quite conscious of the possibility that the whole was the extravagance of an old braggart and gossip.Advertisement