Bracketed sentence example
- In the earliest mosque at old Delhi, they adopted the piers and bracketed capitals of the Jaina builders, whom they probably employed to build their mosque.
- In the succeeding paragraph the bracketed figures indicate the distance in miles above London Bridge.
- The bridges in order above London Bridge are as follows, railway-bridges being bracketed - Southwark, (Cannon Street), (Blackfriars), Blackfriars, Waterloo, (Hungerford - with a footway), Westminster, Lambeth, Vauxhall, (Grosvenor), Victoria, Albert, Battersea, (Battersea), Wandsworth, (Putney), Putney and Hammersmith.
- The new view of faith is bracketed with the old, and practically neutralized by it; as was already the case in Melanchthon's theological definitions in the 1552-1553 edition of Loci Communes, also printed in other works by him.
- And this food is called by us Eucharistia, and of it none may partake save those who believe our teachings to be true and have been washed in the bath which is for remission of sin and rebirth, and who so live as We should probably omit the words bracketed.Advertisement
- The codex Othobonianus omits the words bracketed.
- This (with the exception of the bracketed words) was taken over from the Book of Geneva.
- Nave (north wall) of 3 bays with buttresses, bracketed eaves, coupled lancet windows; there is a basement entrance below.
- Mrs. Fawcett's only child, Miss Philippa Garrett Fawcett, had a distinguished career at Newnham College, Cambridge, where in 1890 she was bracketed equal to senior wrangler.
- In such cases a bracketed fraction is appended to the specific gravity, of which the numerator and denominator are respectively the temperatures of the substance and of the standard; thus 1.093 (0 0 14Ã‚°) means that the ratio of the weight of a definite volume of a substance at o to the weight of the same volume of water 4Ã‚° is I 093.Advertisement
- Square brackets around disputed text are multiplying and MC.II finished its last designated session with much of its text bracketed.
- He bracketed the time for several sessions and kept meticulous records.