Brachytherapy sentence example
- Brachytherapy using transrectal ultrasound guidance for seed implantation is promising in terms of freedom from biochemical failure in selected patients with early-stage prostate cancer.
- Dundee One surgeon performing open radical prostatectomy; radical radiotherapy - external beam 50 gray in 20 fractions; brachytherapy referred to Edinburgh.
- Advantages Hormone therapy shrinks the prostate gland and can be used to reduce the size of the gland before brachytherapy.
- The center offer the full range of regional oncology services and some national services, including sarcoma, prostate brachytherapy and ophthalmic oncology.
- In internal radiation (brachytherapy), radioactive liquid or pellets are delivered to the cancerous site via a pill, injection, or insertion in a sealed container.Advertisement
- Brachytherapy involves the application of radioactive material to the outer surface of the eye at the base of the tumor.
- Chemotherapy is sometimes used to shrink tumors prior to other treatments such as radiation therapy or brachytherapy.
- If the tumor is small enough, other therapies such as external beam radiation therapy, photocoagulation, cryotherapy, thermotherapy, chemotherapy, and brachytherapy may be considered.
- Smaller, more localized tumors can sometimes be treated by local therapies such as cryotherapy, photocoagulation therapy, thermotherapy or brachytherapy.