Bottomless-pit sentence example
- Her self-esteem was slowly sinking into a bottomless pit.
- His way ran through stench and fire, close to the mouth of the bottomless pit.
- Eldon Hole near Peak Forest used to be feared as the entrance to a bottomless pit or even to Hell itself.
- You do not have to worry about the tangling of your necklaces or losing an earring or stud amongst a bottomless pit.
- Just ask anyone who's ever dug through a bottomless pit of ancient receipts, gum wrappers and coins!Advertisement
- Amongst the best known of the furrows of the continental shelf are the Cape Breton Deep, in the Bay of Biscay, the Hudson Furrow, southward of New York, the so-called Congo Canon, the Swatch of No Ground off the Ganges delta, the Bottomless Pit off the Niger delta, and numerous similar furrows on the west coast of North America and outside the fjords of Norway, Iceland and the west of Scotland, as well as in the.
- The one known as the Bottomless Pit was for many years a barrier to all further exploration, but it is now crossed by a wooden bridge.