Bookbinding sentence example
- The other industries of Johannesburg include brewing, printing and bookbinding, timber sawing, flour milling, iron and brass founding, brick making and the manufacture of tobacco.
- Disliking his father's trade of bookbinding, for which he was intended, he left home in 1755, and after taking lessons in surgery and chemistry at Amsterdam, became a ship's surgeon in the Dutch service.
- Their hides are much more delicate and are used mostly for linings and bookbinding.
- Cobden had married in 1840 Miss Catherine Anne Williams, a Welsh lady, and left five surviving daughters, of whom Mrs Cobden-Unwin (wife of the publisher Mr Fisher Unwin), Mrs Walter Sickert (wife of the painter) and Mrs Cobden-Sanderson (wife of the well-known artist in bookbinding), afterwards became prominent in various spheres, and inherited their father's political interest.
- The labour, too, may be industrial, and include instruction in tailoring, shoemaking, basket-making, bookbinding, printing, and many more handicrafts.Advertisement
- My brother studied bookbinding as a profession - I think the glues used varied according to which parts you were gluing to what.
- He is also interested in contemporary creative bookbinding and exhibits regularly in Europe and the USA.
- A longer term project is a history of English bookbinding, ca.
- Finding aid: Scottish decorative bookbinding chronological index Scottish History Online image galleries Digital copies of photographs of places in Scotland of historical interest.
- Year 1 includes: printmaking and fine print, craft bookbinding, drawing and illustration and creative book art and design practice.Advertisement
- While other sites, such as Jenni Bick Bookbinding offer a scrapbook for a personalized baby book.
- There will be a variety of stalls and displays of interest to all book lovers including bookbinding and parchment craft.