Bloodsucking sentence example
- These insects are bloodsucking, which means they can bite and feed on you and your family during sleep.
- Her lightheadedness was gone and she was grateful his bloodsucking was pain free.
- The recent discovery of a bloodsucking maggot, which is found in native huts throughout the greater part of tropical and subtropical Africa, and attacks the inmates when asleep, is of great interest.
- In many bloodsucking flies, for example, the galea is absent, while the lacinia becomes a strong knife-like piercer and the palp is well developed.
- The proboscis of tsetse-flies is without the paired piercing stilets (mandibles and maxillae) possessed by other bloodsucking Diptera, such as the female horse-flies and mosquitoes.Advertisement
- In parasitic bloodsucking forms the mandibles often have the shape of piercing stylets, and are enclosed in a tubular proboscis formed by the union of the upper lip (labrum) with the lower lip (hypostome or paragnatha).
- The three vamps were spread out around the foyer and trailed her like bloodsucking puppies as she moved down the hallway.
- A species of human botfly found in Central and South America attaches its eggs to a bloodsucking mosquito that it captures and then releases.
- The patient was taken to the emergency room, where doctors identified the problem as a bloodsucking leech.
- Actor Sam Trammell portrays shape-shifting bartender Sam Merlotte on HBO's True Blood, bloodsucking prime time drama based on Charlaine Harris' The Southern Vampire Mysteries.Advertisement
- Bed bug symptoms appear after the tiny bloodsucking creature has bitten the victim.