Bloodier sentence example
- The humiliation of the king and queen after their capture at Varennes; the compulsory acceptance of the constitution; the plain incompetence of the new Legislative Assembly; the growing violence of the Parisian mob, and the ascendency of the Jacobins at the Common Hall; the fierce day of the 20th of June (1792), when the mob flooded the Tuileries, and the bloodier day of the 10th of August, when the Swiss guard was massacred and the royal family flung into prison; the murders in the prisons in September; the trial and execution of the king in January (1793); the proscription of the Girondins in June, the execution of the queen in October - if we realize the impression likely to be made upon the sober and homely English imagination by such a heightening of horror by horror, we may easily understand how people came to listen to Burke's voice as the voice of inspiration, and to look on his burning anger as the holy fervour of a prophet of the Lord.
- bloodye then, the already confused picture in Gaza has become even bloodier.
- Even as online games become flashier, bloodier and more realistic, players still turn to these classic falling blocks time and again.
- Mortal Kombat spawned three sequels that were each bloodier and gorier than the previous.
- Soon, some of the classic girl licenses such as Mattel's Barbie and the ubiquitous Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen were on the video game shelves along with their bloodier counterparts.Advertisement
- Game publishers complain that books can depict much bloodier and more subversive behavior than games, and yet are available to be checked out of public libraries by children and teenagers.
- Movies began dealing with themes such as the occult, as well as depicting bloodier and gorier scenes than in previous decades.