Blights sentence example
- The pleasant climate has certain drawbacks; the coastal farmer finds that blights and insect pests thrive in the comparative absence of hard frosts.
- Fungal foliar diseases and their control, including leaf blights, downy mildews, leaf blights, downy mildews, leaf curls, mildews, leaf spots and rusts.
- The existence of blights and mildews of cereals had been observed and recorded in very ancient times, as witness the Bible, where half a dozen references to such scourges occur in the Old Testament alone.
- But the five phenomena I chose to tackle in this book are among the great blights on humanity that I believe the Internet and technology will help solve.
- That can be difficult when you also want to protect the plants in your garden from pests, blights, severe weather, and diseases.Advertisement
- Starting in the 1600s, grape blights and diseases hit many of the wine grapes hard, decimating many of the best vineyards in southern France and throughout Europe.