Blanching sentence example
- Freshly picked beans can be frozen very successfully after briefly blanching them.
- Blanching means immersing the vegetables quickly in boiling water, then immersing them in ice cold water.
- Purdue's 4-H website recommends blanching, but other methods of freezing herbs work fine.
- If you feel you may need to store the herbs for several months, blanching may help them retain color and flavor over a longer period of time.
- This is called blanching and it partially cooks the asparagus without removing all of the valuable vitamins and nutrients.Advertisement
- Steaming or blanching beets also leaves many nutrients intact.
- Blanching beets leaves them near-raw, so make sure to plan your recipes accordingly.
- Toby's mouth was agape, Katie's face blanching.
- The operation is called " blanching."
- There are three basic methods for freezing fresh herbs: freezing them flat, using ice cube trays, and blanching and freezing them.Advertisement
- The first two methods are the easiest but the blanching method may be worth the extra time, allowing you to store fresh herbs in the freezer without compromising flavor or nutrient quality.
- Blanching vegetables is a time-honored method of preventing freezer burn, and some say it helps vegetables and herbs retain their flavor.