Bisect sentence example
- We must bisect as far as may be, but the division is after all to be into limbs, not parts.
- Driver prefers to bisect the dialogue by supposing i.
- Bisect AD at E and join EB.
- Bisect the chord PB at G, and draw through G a line perpendicular to PB, intersecting BB' in 0.
- The edges are then separated till they are tangent to the opposite limbs of the disk of the planet to be measured, or till they respectively bisect two stars, the angle between which is to be determined.Advertisement
- Upon an axis concentric with the declination axis is carried a plane mirror, which is geared so as always to bisect the angle between the polar axis and the optical axis of the telescope.
- To test this parallelism the single web must be made to bisect the images of both components simultaneously, as in fig.
- broad, and containing woo lines, and consider the effect of interpolating an additional moo lines, so as to bisect the former intervals.
- If the one set of lines exactly bisect the intervals between the others, the grating interval is practically halved, and the previously existing spectra of odd order vanish.
- If we bisect AB and CD in P and Q respectively, and describe the arc PQ of a circle with centre 0, the length of this arc is 2(b+a)0; and b - a =AB.Advertisement
- A plane passing through the anterior and posterior sepal and through the floral axis is termed the median plane of the flower; a plane cutting it at right angles, and passing through the lateral sepals, is the lateral plane; whilst the planes which bisect the ?? ?
- For this purpose it is only necessary to direct the telescope to some distant object, bisect that object with the movable wire, and read the number of revolutions and parts of a revolution of the screw; now reverse the micrometer box 180Ã‚° and repeat the observation; the mean of the two readings will be the point required.
- In measuring differences of declination, where the stars are brought up by the diurnal motion, this precaution cannot be adopted, because it is necessary always to bisect the preceding star with the fixed web.
- To construct the parabola when the focus and directrix are given, draw the axis CD and bisect CF at G, which gives the vertex.
- 55) will then bisect its horizontal projection AN; hence if PS be the tangent at P we shall have AS = SN.Advertisement