Birefringence sentence example
- Crystals of sulphur are transparent or translucent and highly refractive with strong birefringence; they have a resinous or slightly adamantine lustre, and present the characteristic sulphur-yellow colour.
- In this experiment we investigate photoelasticity, the phenomenon of inducing birefringence in a substance through the application of a stress system.
- Bone in packing and floor materials derived from natural sediments is often uncharred and exhibits pale birefringence and signs of weathering.
- Figure 4. Synovial fluid CPPD crystals (compensated polarized light microscopy x400 ); scant numbers of rhomboid crystals showing weak positive birefringence.
- Techniques For Plastics Current methods for detecting residual stress in plastic moldings include birefringence, layer removal, hole drilling and chemical probe techniques.Advertisement
- The self-alignment of crystallites manifests itself as patterns of optical birefringence when the liquids are viewed between crossed polars.
- However, it is anticipated that improved compensation for corneal birefringence will result in an improved discriminating ability.