Bird-of-paradise sentence example
- The lesser bird of paradise (Paradisea minor), though smaller in size and somewhat less brilliant in plumage, in other respects closely resembles the preceding species.
- The king bird of paradise (Cicinnurus regius) is one of the smallest and most brilliant of the group, and is specially distinguished by its two middle tail feathers, the ends of which alone are webbed, and coiled into a beautiful spiral disk of a lovely emerald green.
- In the red bird of paradise (Paradisea rubra) the same feathers are greatly elongated and destitute of webs, but differ from those in the other species, in being flattened out like ribbons.
- The Papuan loves personal adornment and loses no chance of dressing himself up. His chief home-made ornaments are necklaces, armlets and ear-rings of shells, teeth or fibre, and cassowary, cockatoo, or bird of paradise feathers - the last two, or a flower, are worn through the septum of the nose.
- Orchids and gardenias are romantic and sweet, while bird-of-paradise bouquets combined with bright hibiscus blooms and palm leaves are dramatic and elegant as late summer wedding flowers.Advertisement
- The ring, called the Bird of Paradise Glace Ring, opened to reveal solid perfume inside.
- Carefully unfold each layer of the triangle to create a napkin bird of paradise.
- Representing joy, the Bird of Paradise Hawaiian tattoo is colorful, bold and can easily be incorporated into a larger back piece on anyone hoping to make a colorful statement.
- You can arrange the flowers with Ti leaves and a Bird of Paradise or two would to set the theme of your party.