Biota sentence example
- For a start, we have a very incomplete knowledge of the earth's biota.
- They also support a unique biota, notably six inadequately protected bird species.
- The island has the most remarkable biota of any of the islands in the NW Chain.
- The dissolved CO 2 in the oceans is used by marine biota in photosynthesis.
- The policy implications of the missing sink being located in the terrestrial biota are discussed.Advertisement
- The diets were dominated by pelagic and benthopelagic prey and relatively little use was made of the benthic biota.
- Equally, it is clear that the elimination of agro-chemicals in arable land areas will lead to increased populations of insects and other biota.
- A particular aim of the study was to acquire further knowledge on the abundance and distribution of Sabellaria reef and its associated biota.
- Study of the uncertainty in estimation of the exposure of non-human biota to ionizing radiation.
- Treat the cave biota with respect, watch out for them, and avoid disturbing them.Advertisement
- The degree and pattern of resuspension determine the impact to resident biota.
- The wood is very durable and useful for outdoor work, such as fencing, posts, etc. Another species of arbor vitae is Thuja orientalis, known also as Biota orientalis.
- This may adversely affect the freshwater biota, and the quality of private water supplies.