Bilaterally sentence example
- The Lamellibranchia are mainly characterized by the rudimentary condition of the head, and the retention of the primitive bilateral symmetry, the latter feature being accentuated by the lateral compression of the body and the development of the shell as two bilaterally symmetrical plates or valves covering each one side of the animal.
- The original form was bilaterally symmetrical, and this symmetry is retained in all the classes except the Gastropoda.
- Their most important characteristic in comparison with the latter is that they are, both in external and internal structure, bilaterally symmetrical.
- The structure is bilaterally symmetrical, the body and shell elongated along the antero-posterior axis and nearly cylindrical.
- - Tentacles simple or branched, never peltate; calcareous ring well developed, often bilaterally symmetrical; retractor muscles usually present; stone-canal opens internally; genital tubes in right and left tufts.Advertisement
- The prothallus and sexual organs may resemble those of the Polypodiaceae; in Aneimia and Mohria the prothallus, though flattened, is not bilaterally symmetrical, the growing point being on one side; a filamentous type of prothallus is known in Schizaea.
- Limb tone is increased with brisk tendon reflexes, ankle clonus, and bilaterally extensor plantar responses.
- Arnold's report shows a bilaterally symmetrical craft that travels in the direction of the axis of symmetry.
- - The Chaetopoda are with but few exceptions (Myzostomida in part, Sternaspis) elongated worms, flattened or, more usually, cylindrical, and bilaterally symmetrical.
- Known Echinoderms show the following features, imagined to be due to an ancestral pelmatozoic stage :- Increase in the coelomic cavities of the left side, and atrophy of those on the right; the dextral coil of the gut, recognizable in all classes, though often obscured; an incomplete secondary bilateralism about the plane including the main axis and the water-pore or its successor, the madreporite, often obscured by one or other of various tertiary bilateralisms; the change of the hydrocoel into a circumoral, arcuate or ring canal; development through a freeswimming, bilaterally symmetrical, ciliated larva, of which in many cases only a portion is transformed into the adult Echinoderm (where care of the brood has secondarily arisen, this larva is not developed).Advertisement
- Arnold 's report shows a bilaterally symmetrical craft that travels in the direction of the axis of symmetry.
- About 7 percent of all cases of Wilms' tumor occur bilaterally (in both kidneys simultaneously).
- Usually spasmus nutans appears bilaterally, and the nystagmus is in a horizontal direction.
- The scolex is biradially constructed, the proglottides flattened, quadrangular and bilaterally symmetrical.
- The shapes and colours are extremely varied; bilaterally symmetrical forms are most frequent with red, blue or violet colours.Advertisement
- In association with this movement in a definite direction the body has become vermiform and bilaterally symmetrical.
- In the oldest family - Dichograptidae--in which the branching polypary is bilaterally symmetrical and.