Bigot sentence example
- James was not a mere tyrant and bigot, as the popular imagination speedily assumed him to be.
- He was not a bigot; but, he was not fair to all the people.
- Ranuccio was a reserved and gloomy bigot; he instituted savage persecutions against supposed witches and heretics, and lived in perpetual terror of plots.
- BIGOT, one obstinately and intolerantly holding particular religious opinions, who refuses to listen to reason and is ready to force others to agree with him; hence also applied to one who holds similar views on any subject.
- The person who stands proclaiming to know the truth is often called a bigot.Advertisement
- He was a portly man, with a rubicund visage, very shrewd, and nothing of a bigot.
- He was not a bigot, but a martinet.
- The FRU maintained the sectarian bigot Brian Nelson on its payroll, knowing full well his hatred of Catholics.
- They misunderstand the old man in the shop, who they assume to be a redneck bigot.
- They numbered about 160, and among them were some able men, such as Matthieu Dumas and Bigot de Preamenau, but they were which involved the utmost danger of war.Advertisement
- Meanwhile the young King continued with his studies and became a Protestant bigot.
- Her mother often accused her of sounding like a racist bigot, saying she ought to exercise more control over her thoughts.
- He has a background in markup languages and, after a 20 year flirtation with TeX, is now an XML bigot.
- rubicund visage, very shrewd, and nothing of a bigot.
- sectarian bigot Brian Nelson on its payroll, knowing full well his hatred of Catholics.Advertisement
- The origin is obscure; it appears in French, in the forms bigot or bigos, in the 12th century romance of Girard of Roussillon, where it is applied to certain tribes of southern Gaul, and in the Roman du Rou of Wace (d.
- That his virtue was not equal to every trial must be admitted, but that he was anything like the morose and narrowminded bigot he is commonly represented there is nothing whatever to show.
- was a spendthrift and a bigot.