Bighorn sentence example
- The peccary (Tayassu angulatum), the armadillo (Tatu novemcinctum), the civet-cat (Bassariscus astutus flavus), the Mexican bighorn (Ovis mexicanus) and the jaguar are Mexican species found in southern or south-western Texas.
- Flanking strata are even better exhibited in the Bighorn Mountains, the front range of northern Wyoming, crescentic in outline and convex to the northeast, like the Laramie Range, but much higher; here heavy sheets of limestone arch far up towards the range crest, and are deeply notched where consequent streams have cut down their gorges.
- In the mountains of British Columbia are the bighorn or Rocky Mountain sheep and the Rocky Mountain goat, while the saddleback and white mountain sheep have recently been discovered in the northern Cordillera.
- These features are well developed about the Bighorn Mountains,.
- Local glaciation has modified the higher levels of the Bighorn Mountains, giving glacial cirques, alpine peaks and many mountain lakes and waterfalls.Advertisement
- Forest growth in Wyoming is limited to the highest mountain ranges, the most important forests being in the Black Hills region in the N.E., on the lower slopes of the Bighorn Mountains, and in the Rocky Mountain ranges of the N.W.
- White fir is found above the foot hill zone, and heavy growths of cottonwood along the streams in the Bighorn region.
- Natural gas in quantity has been found in the Douglas field and in Bighorn county.
- The irrigable area of Wyoming is estimated at about 6,200,000 acres, lying chiefly in Bighorn, Sheridan and Johnson counties in the N.W.
- The principal undertaking of the Federal government is the Shoshone project in Bighorn county.Advertisement
- Custer (q.v.) and his command were killed in 1876 on the Little Bighorn in Montana, the Indians were thoroughly subdued and confined to reservations.
- A few small stones clattered down the bluff and they glanced up in time to see a bighorn sheep.
- Perched on a ledge, its gray-brown coat camouflaged against the bluff, stood a bighorn sheep.
- Deer, bighorn sheep, pronghorn antelope, wolves, and both black and grizzly bears are seen by many visitors.
- Now if you stay a few days in Yellowstone, you will always see bison and elk and quite likely mule deer, pronghorn antelope, bighorn sheep, and both grizzly and black bear, as well as many small animals and birds of all sizes.Advertisement