Bided sentence example
- The check, however, was but temporary, and the French king only bided his time to take vengeance for the rebuff he had suffered.
- Argyll allowed the committee of Estates to rule, as before, and bided his time.
- It wis a sair fecht fer me fer ma uncle wis the dominie an we bided wi him.
- I bided my time till that great man paused in his occupation of writing down voluminous notes in a big diary.
- He bided his time, and the transformation of sceptical Florence into an austerely Christian republic claiming the Saviour as its head only increased his resolve to crush the man who had wrought this marvel.Advertisement
- Then, as the empire acquired fresh strength in Italy, he quietly bided his time and, on the descent of the Angevins, again assumed the leadership of the Guelfs who now had the upper hand for a long time.